SMS is a great tool for marketing campaigns - it’s cost efficient, with one of the highest conversion rates, and it’s super simple to start with. That all sounds great, but it is vital to monitor the traffic as well to understand how did the users carry out what you planned for them to do on your site.
Google Analytics is a marvellous tool to measure efficiency of your mass messaging campaigns to help you to measure it in real-time, as well as make your conclusions for next campaigns. Here are three simple steps to help you to increase sales via SMS campaigns with Google Analytics.
As usual, less is moreOne single SMS can be up to 160 characters, which is more than enough to help the users to visit your site. Trying to keep the text short and up to a point will help to raise the conversion rate and not end up in the whirlpool of "too long, didn't read it". Here are your first tips on the URL you will use in the SMS text:
- Pick your landing page that is optimised for mobile usage.
- Use Google URL Builder to generate custom campaign parameters for measuring.
- Use shortened URL to save precious characters in an SMS. You can use this tool by Google to shorten URLs: https://goo.gl.
Getting ready to send messagesIt’s very easy to start sending messages with Messente’s platform. Here is a brief tutorial on how to start with your first SMS market campaign: http://messente.com/blog/messente/how-to-start-sms-marketing
ReportsAfter you have sent out the campaign, you can start gathering valuable information from Google Analytics. What's great about it is that they have packed a lot of insightful reports in it to see behavioural information such as bounce rate, page views, goal completion, etc. This allows you to make adjustments to improve future campaigns. For your first steps, the basic overview has enough useful information for a comprehensive overview:
- Real-Time - shows current happening on your site
- Audience - specifies the users on your site
- Acquisition - how did the users end up on your site
- Behaviour - based on users behaviour, gives you suggestions about your site
- Conversion - gives you suggestions about sales and conversions
Take a look at the tutorial on how to use Google Analytics to ensure maximum value from your SMS marketing campaigns.