Two Factor Authentication API Setup
This tutorial will guide you through the setup of your Service to use Verigator API and how to register and authenticate users.
- Create a Messente Account on https://dashboard.messente.com/register
- Obtain your Messente API username and API password from API Settings page - https://dashboard.messente.com/api-settings
Set Up a new Service for Verigator API
- Save the ServiceID from API response to your website's configuration file
Now you are ready to continue adding users to your Service to enable two-step verification.
This tutorial will guide you through User Registration (Adding users to Verigator Service) and Authentication.
Adding Users to your Verigator Service
- Obtain ServiceID by Setting up your 2FA Service
Add your Users to 2FA Service by providing his username and phone number
- Save the obtained UserID to your users database
Securely logging your User in
- Verify your User by regular username and password
- Get Verigator's UserID for your User from your database
Start Authentication by providing the UserID and preferred authentication method (totp/sms)
- Request for PIN code from the User
Verify PIN code